Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lighten Up

I am officially sick of soups, stews, braises and baked goods of any kind.  Like everyone else, I am longing for spring and the lighter, fresher eating it brings.  Unfortunately, opening day at my farmer's market is months away, and there isn't much inspiration at my local indoor market either.  Except for blood oranges which, happily, I can't seem to get enough of.  While they used to be something of a novelty, I've been treated to a fairly steady supply over the whole duration of winter.  They really shine in this salad, which is chock full of "things" the way I like my salads to be--medjool dates, roasted almonds, shards of parmesan, and those tart, refreshing orange segments. 

1 comment:

  1. This inspired me to buy blood oranges at Trader Joes today. Yum! That parmesan looks melt-in-your-mouth good!

    ReplyDelete